Medical assistants are qualified and experienced health care professionals that have to undertake administrative and clinical duties in a health care clinic.
To be a part of health care industry and asset for the health care firm, one needs to qualify for such profile. This is only possible, if one gets enroll in a good medical assistant training center in NYC or elsewhere, which is necessary needs to be good in the field.
In addition to this, center must be renowned, experienced and accredited. These all factors help candidates to pursue quality training from good center.
In the center, candidate becomes acquainted with two type of training program i.e. administrative and clinical. Each program has certain set of task and duties that must be learnt by candidates pursuing aide-training program. However, job duty depends on the candidate residing area, working location and total number of members in health care clinic.
Following is the description about the duties of an aide in health care clinic or hospital:
Duties of administrative medical assistant: Administrative job task comprise of front desk duties, which is as follows:
- Greeting patients at time of arrival
- Scheduling and managing appointments
- Keep track of patients, who are in hospital and have been discharged
- Note medical history of patient
- Perform diagnostic coding
- Sometimes, assistants might also have to maintain records of patient bills, handle credits, handle collection of bills, talk to insurance company, fill out insurance forms
- Maintain inventory, laboratory, and office supplies and make a note that all essentials are there in office
- Good in communication skills
- Communicate with medical facilities
- Talk politely with patients
- Manage calls for purpose like scheduling appointments, transferring of calls etc.
Duties of clinical medical assistant: Clinical job duties are purely based on medical job duties like
- Note patient history for treatment
- Collect specimens
- Take specimens to laboratory for tests
- Apply latest medical techniques for treatment
- Prevent infection from getting spread in hospital or clinic
- Prepare patients for examinations, procedures, and treatments
- Make patient feel comfortable before the treatment or tests
- Perform diagnostic tests, including EKG.
- Taking blood samples for examination
- Performing certain lab tests
- Maintain the patient test results
- Handle equipment to keep them sanitized before and after they are used
- Maintain medication and immunization records
- Manage patient care information with other health care providers